Jump to navigation Jump to search
These DoA tactics are designed to run 5 mesmers in a casual environment, omitting the monk seeder for more spiking power. It is not recommended for inexperienced players, particularly on MT and emo.
Tactics specific to 5 Mesmer Tactics
- Trench Tank balls the Dryder group in 4'th room, and the team pushes to the far corner while killing it.
- VoR takes both 1st and 2nd snakes.
- Memo pings for Snakes, but Emo takes the reward.
- Edge of Extinction is placed twice in city for both balls. This may sometimes result in the VoR being late for the second spike. Other mesmers should still start the spike.
- Emo takes the quest reward in city, after being recalled by the MT.
- On 360, Emo walls waves 1, 2 and 5; TT walls wave 3 and 4; IAU walls wave 6.
- MT walls clover if possible.
- Memo helps with offdamage at 360.
- IAU splits off with the MT after clover to help pull necro lord.
- Memo can kill the MLK tendril, if the MLK is busy.
- IAU goes to cap rift; Memo or MLK (whichever didn't pop tengus) provides the target for Recall trick.
- Mesmers should kill the last two spawns of the cave quest in order to speed up the ball.
- The teambuild is capable of a very fast casual run. The extra spiker makes it easier for experienced teams to achieve fast times.
- Everyone has a Shadow step, which makes transitions faster and easier.
- The builds require experienced players on almost every role.
- No UA or Seed of Life means players are punished harder for mistakes.
- The MT needs to be able to do Jadoth and Ranger without Seed of Life.
- Emo is under a lot more pressure without enchantment support from the monk.
- Edge of Extinction on VoR means they will be late for some spikes.
|/ TT||/ MT||/ VoR||/ TK||/ IAU||/ MLK||/ Memo||/ Emo|
|Equipment||Optional: Infiltrator's set for Gloom Cave||Low HP armor for Jadoth||Bow for ele lord||Bow for derv lord||Martial weapon of Enchanting for Seed|
|Entry||Take quest||Take quest||Take quest||Take quest||Take quest|
|1st room||No SF, Ymlad the Vu||Ymlad the Rund|
|2nd room||Ymlad Healing Seed||Any mesmer can pop a ghastly or a 3-pop||Bond MT with prot and life|
|3rd room||Ball Dryders||Ball Titans||If you have a summon up try to kill it on the 2nd titan spawn|
|4th room||Tank/ball all waves||Wall second wave, third wave if needed||Put EoE in the crack for the second spawn||Wait for first ball and spike while pushing|
|5th room||Take quest, get ready to take 3rd snake||Go to aggro center||Take quest||Go right - do NOT take quest||Take quest|
|Snakes||Take Captain (3rd)||Pull groups out of the way||Take Silzesh (1st) and General (2nd)||Rush ahead, get EEd||Ping for Captain||Ping for snakes and seed the Emo||Keep snakes alive|
|Black Beast||Pull Fury||Pull Black Beast, Ymlad its touch||Seed the Emo||Heal IAU, take quest reward|
|Outside||First ball||Second ball||VoR and Unnatural on Manks||Unnatural and ESurge on Manks||PI on Sus. Unnatural and ESurge on Manks||Backfire and Unnatural on Sus.||Help with Sus as needed.|
|Inside||Left ball||Right ball||Spike right side, and then left||Stand at the bottom, in range of both tanks. Take the quest reward|
|Jadoth||Use cupcake , run to 360, pull first wave to glitch spot for MLK||Use low health set and ball Jadoth||Skip Jadoth, take 360 quest, go to glitch spot, and kill first wave with Wastrel's|
|360||Pull left hill wall; waves 3 and 4||Pull middle and right hills||Offdamage on Fiends||Offdamage on C-targets, wall last wave||Offdamage on C-targets, wastrel's mobs before they come in||Seed the wall when needed||Fusepulls and wall waves without fiends|
|Underlords||Recall MLK; pull Derv||Recall Emo; pull Ranger; Recall Emo again; take quest||Go Ranger||Go Derv and aggro it||Go Derv and stay in recall range||Go Ranger||Maintain MT's range|
|Trenches||Pop gloom and monk trenches||Recall Memo and start clover||Turtle mesmer trench||Go to glitch spot; kill monk trench||Seed||Turtle (step out to wall)|
|Lords||Pull monk lord out||Pull clover and wall if possible; use the MeMo for Recall trick on necro lord||Spike clover and ele lord patrol; kill necro lord||Spike clover; skip ele lord patrol; solo ele lord||Spike clover; go with MT and help pull necro lord||Kill monk lord||Spike clover and ele lord patrol; kill necro lord||Wall clover if MT can't; wall ele lord patrol|
|Tendrils||Get to gloom||Take quest, stand on TK for PI, and pull groups in||Kill front left tendril; put EoE before the spike||Kill quest side tendrils with MT, and Recall out||Kill lower back tendrils with a stone (Gaki preferred) and pull groups in||Kill front right tendril||Help with front right tendril if needed||Wall|
|Cave||Trigger cave when team is ready||DC on gloom patrol||Spike gloom patrol||Goltway if trench is not popped||Spike gloom patrol||Tell the TT when you're ready for the trigger|
|1st gloom group||Grab the stuff outside cave and obstruct it||HoS up; make sure everyone jumps up; recall the MLK and pull in spirits for the TT||Jump up and go with emo - Trigger front group if needed.||Stay in range of MT's recall||Jump up and go with emo - Trigger front group if needed.||EE up and run to catch earths|
|Earths spawn||Catch incoming waves - dodge earths if the team failed to get them||Tank 2nd wave sanities and earths if you can||Spike 2nd wave||Tank 1st earths group; tank second if needed|
|Cave Spike||Ball all of your aggro||Run to rift||Pop tengus||Spike the last two groups, then cave||Run to rift||Spike the last two groups, then cave||Run to rift|
|Rift||Take quest, Recall trick, quest run||Fastpull rift||Kill stone if needed||Recall MLK, let TT recall you, recall out||Kill claw with PI, cap rift||Let TK Recall you, move towards start||Pre-trigger Deathbringer||Cap rift|
|Deathbringer||Take quest||Wait for settle, jump in||Place EoE in range of Deathbringer and Darknesses||FH the Flesh Tormentor||Ymlad the Flesh Tormentor||Mistrust the Mind Tormentor||Focus the Earth Tormentor|
|Darknesses||Accept quest reward||Bodyblock earths||Replace EoE if needed||Spike on spawn and use echo when the first wave dies||Jump to MT and wall when Earths spawn|