From Speedclear Wiki
Why AoS instead of arcane echo? Isnt this build supposed to be beginner friendly? No matter how much AoS helps the Emo, arcane echo > aos for beginner friendly builds -artanis
- +1, also AoS has always been useless, now it's even more so, emos don't tank anything anymore. --HasKha (talk) 22:11, 15 September 2019 (CEST)
- +1 Monk is one of the roles you put somebody on whos a first timer and has no clue what to do, bringing aos and managing teaching him +2 other mesmers at the same time will not go well. the point of echo is so they arent as strict on seed timing and gives a huge buffer room for bigger spikes /weaker players/mistakes etc. . the emo also literally only tanks ele lord patrol in 3;3, which you have 3 mesmers there for (and maybe left side tendrills but since there are so many fiends there i like to have mt wall and fuse pull if possible). -ether
- Of course AoS is not useless. It's also very easy to use - if you don't know how to use it, just spam it on the emo whenever, and that's already useful. If we're assuming the monk is totally new (that's fair), then he won't have a clue when to use AEcho, and unless you're micro-managing him, he'll either randomly use it when he should be doing something else or not at all.
- I accept that that's all just based on my perspective. If someone else is forming 3-3 runs and they have the monk bring AEcho, feel free to list that as an alternative. I'd still like to see an explanation of when it's the better choice though. IMO a monk is almost always either too bad to use AEcho or too good to need it; there's a very narrow band in between where AoS is worse. I prefer it for absolute beginners, and it's pretty standard on the Mo/R bar now, so they might as well get used to it. Mistie (talk) 20:59, 17 September 2019 (CEST)
- I've reverted this for a few reasons. First is the aforementioned bit where echo is useless with new monks. There are only a couple of spots in the run where echo actually does anything even for experienced monks. A brand new monk can be told to just spam aura on the emo and it will still be beneficial, even if that's just giving them another enchantment.
- The bigger thing is that aura makes the emo's life much easier. Not having to worry about meteor in foundry is nice for general quality of life. Not having to worry about backbreaker when walling for 3 years due to shitty spikes. Not getting stripped with rending aura. Gaining more energy at Jadoth to compensate for weaker MTs. Etc, etc, etc. The skill is just better than echo, and requires less knowledge to use. Double Derv Dare (talk) 00:31, 18 December 2019 (CET)